Plantix automatically analyses all photos you and your team members add to scouting notes and comments. To diagnose your crop, add a new scouting note and attach images. Adding notes is as easy as usual! Using Plantix doesn’t require any extra steps from you. If the issue is detected, you will see the icon and scientific name displayed on the image miniature.
1. To take photos on your field, tap the icon. You can also upload images from your gallery .
2. Add the description, set the category and priority. Remember that you can assign a note to your team members. Tap Save.
3. After you save the note, you will be redirected to the note’s details view. Here you will find the AI diagnosis results.
You can turn on push notifications to get information when issues are detected.
4. Tap to open the list of detected issues. Besides the pest / disease / nutrient deficiency name, we display information about the likelihood of correct recognition. There are 3 points on the scale:
- Very likely
Please keep in mind that recognition results highly depend on the resources of the Plantix database. If the likelihood category is Probable, you may consider consulting a crop advisor or agronomist before applying the proposed treatment.
5. To display a full description of symptoms and proposed treatment, tap Learn more or tap the selected image and the bar below it.
The bottom sheet opens where you can see:
- Common name
- Scientific name
- Pathogen class
- Reference image
- List of symptoms
- Symptoms description
- Proposed chemical treatment
Scroll down for more details.
6. You can set the recognition result as a note category. To do so, tap Set as note category button visible on the detailed recognition.
The popup opens, where you confirm your choice.
If there is no specific subcategory dedicated to the detected issue, SKYFLD will propose one of the general categories:
What if no issues are detected?
If your crops are healthy, you will see a green dot on the photo.
Please keep in mind that Plantix is not able to recognize all pests/diseases, especially if the photo shows only minimal symptoms!
If Plantix could not recognise any issues, you will see a grey dot.
These are the possible reasons for the lack of results:
- The plant is healthy.
- The pest/disease is not in the Plantix database.
- We recognized some pests/diseases, but the likelihood is too low. We don’t want to mislead you.
- The photo quality, focus, or distance cause problems with recognition.
Pests & diseases recognition in comments
Plantix automatically analyzes all images you and your teammates attach to comments in scouting notes. If the issue is detected, you will see the icon and scientific name displayed on the image miniature. To access the full diagnosis, tap the photo.
Next, tap the bar below the image.
Recognitions from the comments are added to the list of all issues connected with a given scouting note. If you see the detected issues number, but displayed photos are marked as healthy / not recognised, it means that more images were added to the comments.
I don’t want to see Plantix diagnosis
If you don’t want to receive the results of AI diagnosis of your crops, tap the icon to open profile settings.
Open Plantix (Artificial Intelligence) category and tap the icon.
Tap the Do not display recognition results button. If you change your mind, you can always go back to this view and tap the Receive recognition results to see the diagnosis.
Hiding Plantix diagnosis results on mobile doesn’t disable AI recognition on the desktop version of SKYFLD.