- What is Plantix?
- How does it work?
- Why are results not appearing?
- How to take photos for AI diagnosis?
- How to use Plantix in SKYFLD?
What is Plantix
Plantix is a pest and disease recognition system based on Artificial Intelligence. It can diagnose pest damage, plant diseases, and nutrient deficiencies from the plant photos uploaded to SKYFLD. Additionally, it recommends possible treatments.
Thanks to Plantix and immediate problem diagnosis, farmers can reduce the costs of crop protection products and react on time, even without consultation with agronomists or crop advisors. Right now, Plantix can identify about 400 damages on 60 different crops.
How does it work?
After adding a photo to a task, scouting note, or comment, Plantix starts the image recognition process. Thanks to the robust database and deep learning, artificial intelligence can recognize many different problems at once and assess the diagnosis accuracy. As a result, SKYFLD displays:
- disease/pests common and scientific names
- Pathogen class
- Symptoms list
- Detailed symptoms description
- Suggested chemical treatment
Based on that information, you can take immediate action and better protect your crops.
Why are results not appearing?
AI pests and disease recognition results are available immediately after photo upload. If they don’t appear after several minutes, there might be a few reasons for that:
- Your crop is healthy.
- The pests/disease/nutrient deficiency visible in the photo is missing in the Plantix database.
- AI recognized some problems, but the likelihood of correct diagnosis is too low. In such cases, we don’t display the results to avoid sharing misleading information.
- The photo quality is poor, the distance of the object is too big or too low, or the focus is not on the object. In such a case, you can try to take a better photo and upload it once again.
How to take photos for AI diagnosis?
To make sure AI will be able to diagnose your crops, try to follow these rules to provide good-quality images:
- Keep your camera lens clean.
- Make sure the object is not too far and not too close.
- Make sure that the plant part that shows symptoms is in focus.
How to use Plantix in SKYFLD?
Plantix works automatically with all images you upload to scouting notes, tasks, and comments. It means that the AI system will try to recognize and diagnose your crops based on photos you take on your fields or add from your gallery.
You can turn on push notifications concerning Plantix recognition - you will be notified about detected issues.
To learn more about using Plantix, read the dedicated articles: