1. Go to the Fields view - tap the icon.
2. Swipe up the bottom sheet (the element with your farm name on it) or tap on the farm name.
3. Tap the plus icon.
4. Find your field on the map:
- you can move the map by holding and dragging your finger across the screen,
- you can enter your farm’s address or GPS coordinates in the search box at the top of the screen,
- or, if you enabled location services and you are on your field, you can tap the locate me button
Use two fingers to zoom in/out the map.
Select a field
Field selection is now available only for farms located in:
If you don't see the white boundaries of the fields in the Select Field option, please choose the Draw option.
White shapes indicate the field boundaries. Tap on your field. The selected area is highlighted in blue.
Tap Continue to proceed.
Draw a field
If your field's boundaries are not marked with a white outline, or you want to draw the field manually, tap Draw your own.
Zoom in the map using two fingers.
Tap on the screen to start drawing. Each time you tap, the blue dot appears, indicating the shape's corner. If you want to edit the previous action, tap Undo or Delete and start over.
To close the boundaries, tap the green dot.
Once you finish, you will see the area size in hectares.
Tap Continue to proceed.
Use the SKYFLD DESKTOP version to create your fields if there are any objects you would like to exclude from the area, such as ponds or trees. Learn more about desktop field creation.
7. Select your crop
Select the crop for your field. You can scroll through the list or use the search box at the top of the screen. Tap on the selected item.
Tap Confirm to proceed.
8. Fill in the field details
- Add the field name - it has to be at least 3 characters long
- Optionally, you can enter the crop variety
- Enter the seeding date or tap the checkbox Not seeded yet.
Tap Finish to finalize.
You will see the created field on the field list. It may take a while until the first biomass map appears.
Can I edit the field shape?
If you want to adjust the field shape, log in to the desktop version of SKYFLD using your computer.
Remember! You can only change the shape of your field boundaries once every 30 days. You cannot change the size of your field by more than 5%.
- On your computer, open https://app.skyfld.com/login
- Log in using the same credentials you use to enter the SKYFLD APP.
- After the login, you will see the list of your fields. Click on the field to enter the detailed view.
- Click the settings icon and choose Edit field. The instructions will appear on the screen.
- Click and hold the dot to change the shape.
- Click Save to confirm the new shape.